Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WoT Assembly Line: December 2014 Edition

Things have been bloody since the last post!  When I say bloody, I mean a long drunken sessions with a sub 45% WR, nearing bot territory.  I had been grinding too many lines, not getting used to quite a few of the tanks and just playing poorly in an effort to get games in sober or in most cases drunk ;)  With that being said, decent progress was made and am ready to start start repairing my stats in preparation for new things!

Tank Progression

Aufklarungspanzer Panther (68.75%WR, 915 WN8, 2nd Class, Completed)
One of the few tanks I did well during the bloodletting.  Well enough in fact, I decided to spend free experience to finish the rest of the way through it.  No idea why I did well in it other than it made me play more cautiously and could be a very effective ramming weapon when necessary.  Gun depression and performance did not hurt.

Equipment: Vents, Binocs, Optics.

Repurchase Chance: Nil.

E-50 (56.19%WR, ????WN8, 1st Class, 1 MoE, Completed)
Good vehicle overall with few complaints.  It's DPM and mobility could be a dash higher but with the rest of its good points would make it very much OP.  Sadly, it suffered a poor send of during a drunken gaming session that plummeted the stats at the end.

Equipment: Optics, Rammer, VStab.

Repurchase Chance: Maybe.

AT 15 (57,69%WR, ????WN8, 1st Class, Completed)
Picked up performance at the end of her grind to finish at a respectable solo pub WR.  I really liked this TD despite her faults.  That pew pew gun was just a joy to fire.

Equipment: Rammer, Binocs and GLD.

Repurchase Chance: Nil, however I may get the AT 15A for the fun of it.

Caernarvon (52.94%WR, ????WN8,  Ace, Completed)
Finished the ole girl and time to move on to the Conqueror.  Nothing special here save for the occasional match where her hull armor decided to be bouncy.  I spent some extra time grinding out the top engine that would be used in the Conq as well as the Tortoise.

Equipment: Rammer, VStab, Vents.

Repurchase Chance: Nil.

Centurion 7/1 (54.17%WR, ????WN8, 1st Class, Completed)
The line is completed on time!  Unfortunately WG has pushed back the rollout of the new FV4202 and its replacement so the big push wasn't necessary.  This tank in the right circumstances ruled, just getting there fast was the problem.  Slow speed with a high profile made this tank painful to drive at times.

Equipment:  Optics, Rammer, VStab.

Repurchase Chance: Nil.

LTTB (46.15%WR, 783 WN8, 2nd Class, Completed)
I just could not figure out this little speed demon.  The next to nothing gun depression kept my damage low and I think the speed was more of a detriment that an aid.  Definitely took way too many risks while having fun sliding all over the map.

Equipment: Binos, Optics, Vents.

Repurchase Chance: Nil

M41 Walker Bulldog (54.4%WR, ????WN8, 1st Class, 1 MoE, Completed)
Of all the tier VII scouts, this one by far was the best performer damage-wise.  It is speedy, has good gun depression and with the auto-loader, great burst DPS.  Despite the long reload time, I had very few instances where it was an issue.

I highly recommend keeping this tank!

Equipment: Vents, Optics, Binocs.

Repurchase Chance: Not selling!

M53/M55 (55.36%WR, ????WN8, 2nd Class, Completed)
It was one of the more fun arty grinds with the TD modes being pretty fun.  That being said, it's still arty and I'm glad its over ;)

Equipment: Rammer, GLD, Vents.

Repurchase Chance: Not selling, one of the two main Arties used in CWs.

VK 30.01 (P) (40%WR, ????WN8, Class, 51k to go)
Its just sitting in the garage.  Forgot the reason for wanting to go up the Maus line.  I have better things to do with my time.

Equipment:  Rammer, Vents, VStab.

FV207 (38%WR, ????WN8, 2nd Class, 89k to go)
LOL ARTY LOL!!!

Equipment: Rammer, GLD, Cammo.

Conqueror (53.33%WR, ????WN8, 2nd Class, 281k to go)
Basically a marginal upgrade from the Caernarvon at this point.  I need to grind out over 80k experience to get the turret upgrade and top gun.  The hull is exactly the same as the Caern so I will have to play even more as a support heavy.  I do not expect to do well with this tank till I get the top gun and the extra 30+ penetration and better alpha.

Equipment: Rammer, Vents, VStab

Tortoise (44.44%WR, ????WN8, 3rd Class, 278k to go)
Somewhat reminiscent of the AT 15 but toned down a bit.  While its armor scheme is manageable, it has two glaring weak points that can not be hidden well, the machine gun port and the huge copula on the top.  I can seem to figure out when it is hidden or not through some of the environments in WoT where it seems folks are shooting through walls to peg it.  Unfortunately this tank has to be used at long range and only engage closer if you can out DPS your enemy.  The current meta is very much against this TD.

Also, not having the top gun is proving at bit painful.  While the RoF is great against most IXs and below, it means nothing on the rest as the pen and damage is not enough to deal with high alpha peek a boomers. I don't expect things to turn around till I get the bigger gun but will still suffer due to a low alpha compared to the other TDs in its tier.

Equipment: Rammer, Vents, Binos

NOTE:  All stats taken from VBAddict.Net.


Future Plans  

  • Now that most of the lines I had in the grind list completed, I need to make money!  I figure shooting for 2 mil a week would get things done eventually.  Currently I have two Xs (6.1mil) and three VIIIs (~2.4mil) to buy at approx 19.4 million credits with a mere 7.6 mil in the bank.  I am hoping there will be a sale over Christmas so I can pick up a few of these vehicles to have them in my garage.  The first should probably be the FV4202 just in case they do something special.
  • Continue doing dailies on the Conqueror, Tortoise and the FV4202.  
  • Relax and go play other games like Dragon's Age Inquisition!  Lets face it, I am still playing a few low rated tanks and things are not going to get any prettier in the new run.  No reason to make myself miserable ;)

Abbreviations/Terms
  • Binocs - Binoculars
  • GLD - Gun Laying Drive
  • MoE - Marks of Excellence
  • Optics - Coated Optics
  • Rammer -  Gun Rammer
  • RoF - Rate of Fire
  • RPM - Rounds per minute
  • Vents - Ventillation

No comments:

Post a Comment