Friday, September 12, 2014

WoT Assembly Line: September 2014 Edition

It's been a long hot summer and a lot of progress has been made on many lines.  So without further adieu, let's get to it!


Tank Progression

Panther II (55.2% WR, 1852 WN8, 1st Class, 3 MoE, Complete)
The grind through the Panther II has finally finished in 143 games.  All in all it wasn't that bad of a grind at all.  I played it primarily as a sniper with Rammer, VStab and Binocs to help abuse view range where possible.  For the most part this worked out since the tank is a bit slow for a medium which makes getting to early sniping spots difficult as well as flanking maneuvers.  I am a bit disappointed with the ending Win Rate but it tends to suffer when I am on the final grind and pumping out games...

All in all not a horrible showing.  I will not be buying this tank back even to play for fun.

E50 (58%WR, 1291 WN8, 2nd Class, 165k to go)
The E 50 so far has not been all that bad.  My first two games were pretty good then had a few pretty drunken ones that certainly did not help ;)  Have not played it enough yet but the tank feels slow in getting to top speed which probably can only be hit going down hill.  Free exp'd to the top gun.  Going to play with it in the sniper role like its predecessor the Panther II by using Rammer, VStab and Binocs for a bit.  I may swap out Binocs for Optics but I don't see myself doing much in the way of medium scouting for something with poor acceleration.

Centurion Mk. 1 (48.5%WR, 1706 WN8, 1st Class, 116k to go)
I am not having a good run on the Cent.  I am having difficulty with it's lack of speed and judging if it is truly hull down or not.  On my second account that I used back with PTN3A, I finished with a 55% WR so I know I can do better back when I did not understand the game mechanics well.  I should be able to do better with better knowledge.  Hopefully, Ill wake up and pull it together.  Running Rammer, VStab and Optics.

Black Prince (50%WR, 1496 WN8, Ace, 1 MoE, Complete)
Overall I kinda liked the BP.  Not enough to keep it as it fails in the new meta where peek a boom rules the day and its pew pew gun really lets you down.  It's lack of speed to flex on the battle field and turret placed mid tank really limits your options.  I ran Rammer, VStab and Repair Kit, the last one simply because its too easy to get caught and possibly perma tracked if you corner a building wrong.

I would not buy this tank back for fun.  Better to go spend gold on one of the premium Curches to train crews and earn extra silver.

Caernarvon (100%WR, 4165 WN8, Ace, 149k to go)
My only two outings in the Caernarvon were pretty good.  The second one was pretty good and netted me my Ace Mastery Badge against tier IX's.  I played it the way it was supposed to be played, hull down, and had three other tanks that worked very well together.  Walked away with a steel wall that I do not expect to get again in a long while in this tank.
I do not expect that kind of luck to last very long but games were very fun.  If you want to see an example of how to play the Caern, please watch the video.  Hopefully, I can keep that going for the life time of this low rated heavy tank.

AT7 (52.1%WR, 1392 WN8, Ace, Complete)
Yeah, when you could get into a spot to take advantage of the side mounted gun, this little TD would shine.  Needless to say, that was fairly infrequent.  Had some excellent games in this tank but the tomato games came too frequent.  Armor is manageable as long as you can hide that glaring tumor...
Yep, you guessed it, permanent retirement.

AT15 (69.6%WR, 1942 WN8, 2nd Class, 132k to go)
Now this is more like it.  Center mounted gun with a sweet ass traverse.  Might actually be the best in the game or very very few better than it.  Accurate gun that mirrors the top guns on the Caernarvon and Centurion Mk. 1.  Unlike the 7.5 RPM of their guns, the AT15's has a blistering 12 RPM.

The armor is fairly decent with a smaller than usual copula for the Brittish TDs.  With the large gun traverse, it is easy to keep this thing angled while maintaining target.  I have had some games with some unusual trollish bounces.  There are plenty of places to pen it with all the odd armor shapes if your opponent is patient enough.  With all those rounds coming at them, it is certainly hard to do...

Crusader 5.5" SP (53.4%WR, 1340 WN8, 1st Class, 40k to go)
Yeah, still my least favorite arty piece mid tier up.  Not much to say here other than doing dailies to get it done.  End goal is to get the end line for CWs should I choose to do them again.


Future Plans  

  • Top of the order is to press on to the FV4202 before it's replacement is out.  There are various reports that it will become a gold tank and if you have it in your garage when the replacement hits, you will get it for free.  Yeah, I doubt it but why not?  I really don't have many CW viable tanks left to grind.  Time to step it up and get a reasonable 5k per day to get it done.
  • Press to finish the FV215b line as it too is getting a replacement somewhere down the line.  However, it has been said that it will come out after the 4202 replacement but we shall see.  Doesn't hurt to hedge your bets.
  • Keep the grind on for the fun tanks, E50M and the FV215b(183).  Well more so for the E50M now that the FV215b 183 Hesh round has been nerfed.
  • Dailies on the Brit arty just to slog through it.  By next summer, I may have it completed...
  • Keep an eye out on the reports from the 9.3 test server regarding the new scouts.  I gave them all a one game spin and the German RU251 just came out fighting like a champ.  If they leave it as it is, I will definitely grind it out.  The US T49 may make it as well due to the KV-2 like top gun which would be a purely for the lulz.
  • On the back burner, I need to decide what I want to do clanwise.  I miss the chatter in the background and at times the competitive play.  Maybe Ill start to research one that is semi casual with a good stronghold presence or has a few tourney teams going.

Abbreviations

  • MoE - Marks of Excellence
  • RPM - Rounds per minute

No comments:

Post a Comment